Wednesday, July 29, 2009

garden update

This cute little zucchini, is one of many. so far the pumpkins are doing nicely.
Here is one that's bigger.

I'm glad we got pics of these tomatoes, because now they are all rooten. I don't beleive we are going to have tomatoes this year. It's sad, a huge bumper.

We had quite a few coming.

Even these are rotten. What a wast of time, to start these form seeds. baby them for months,protect them from bugs, critters,then they rot on the vine. 29 plants that are no good.

The corn is doing ok for now. we are fighting the japanese beetles. I guess it's the month for them.

We now have tassles, silk, ears,so hopefully we can keep what we have.

The peppers are holding on. We didn't have good luck with them last year. We are hoping that we have better luck this year.

The string beans are almost ready to pick. Yum!

The Blue Huberd is coming along nicely.

Wow! the lettuce is awesome, I don't think we need 4 rows next year.We have lettuce and more lettuce.

The beets are doing nicely.

The cucumbers are finally coming.

We are hoping for some cucumbers before winter.Hee-Hee.

The summer quash is goiong crazy. It's over the oinions,radishes. It's in the corn, the carrots, it's in the driveway.It's gone wild.
The peas have gone wlid also. I'm glad it's on the end of the garden,instead of the middle.

The chives is doing awesome, I haven't seen any more dog poop in the chives, that's right in it. Still I really don't want to eat it.
this is one of our many sunflowers. The seeds said giant, I guess we should be glad we have anything. Our plan was grow the sunflowers for the chipmunks, but now I'm mad at them for eatting all our strawberries. One chipmunk sat right in front of me smacking on a big strawberry. Then he (it) looked me straight in the eyes and washed his face and hands. What can you do ?
I plan to eat the sunflower seeds in front of the chipmunks.

Hopefully more updates to came later.

No comments:

Post a Comment