Saturday, February 12, 2011

Socks for soldiers Oct.2010

Mag and I was looking for some committee work to do.
We found a couple of mom's
that was needing volunteer's for
making Christmas stockings for soldier's
in Afghanistan. Where their sons are stationed.
And what better time to start giving,then Christmas.
These mom's needed 500 Christmas stockings
for every soldier and officer's in the platoon.
So on Halloween my sister , Mag and I show up with
sewing machines in hand.
There was about 6 other ladies showed up to sew.Another 6 to cut out
the stockings.
It was some aweome.
The three of us was the youngest ones there.
Everyone was impressed
that Maggie being the youngest,
was giving her time for the
solider's.
We had such a blast.
We sewed unil 1030 pm,but we didn't have the 500 done yet.
So we brought 75 stockings home with us to finish.
The next day I get a call from one of the mom's ,that
the count was off,and we was over a hundred short from what I had.
No sweat, get them cut out and get them to us,we can bang them out
in no time.So we did.
I got to show Mag how to do piece work.Something I enjoy, something from my past.
Then a few weeks later, we all met to stuff the stockings
for shipping.
It was awesome, about 15 people showed. So many people and stores,hotels,etc.dotated stuff for the stockings.
It was just so amazing,box after box after box....
Some thing some little can mean so so so much.It was very heart warming to see the look in my daughter's eyes,that I felt in my heart.
The power of giving.( priceless)

No comments:

Post a Comment